If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are powering the wireless networking revolution. At Skyworks, you will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Requisition ID: 51518
RF/PA Design Engineer
Skyworks Cedar Rapids design center is seeking engineering talent with expertise in RF/microwave, RFIC design, and PA product development.
The successful candidate will be part of a multi-discipline team developing PA, RF switches, front-end modules for the high volume and fast paced cellular handset market. Candidates will have opportunities to participate in all phases of product development, including product definition, architecture, system, transistor-level circuit design, MCM design, layout/layout supervision, lab debug and production support.
Our culture is designed to promote fast decision making, uninhibited sharing of best practices, and a sense of individual ownership, so we can create unparalleled products and respond quickly to customer needs. These values lead to business agility and customer centricity - essential ingredients for success.
(1) Relevant experience in PA, RF switches design or multi-chip module (MCM) design including filter and matching networks to support fully integrated front end module designs.
(2) Hands on experience in MCM artwork, EM simulation and lab debug and tuning.
(3) Strong circuit simulation skills utilizing Agilent ADS/GoldenGate/spectreRF and 2.5/3D EM tools such as Momentum, Sonnet or HFSS.
(4) Solid understanding of RF concepts such as impedance matching, impedance transformation, distributed systems, passive RLC and resonant circuits, noise, linearity, bandwidth and stability.
(5) Solid understanding of device and process technologies.
(6) Good understanding of RF systems and familiarity with cellular standards
(7) Strong lab skills in RF debug and product characterization.
(8) A self starter and team player with strong desire to learn on the job.
(9) Strong desire and commitment to take product from concept to volume production.
(10) Good communication skills both verbal and written. #LI-DB1
A Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering + 8 years experience required. MSEE preferred
Skyworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Cedar Rapids
Job Segment: Design Engineer, RF Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Network, Engineering, Technology