Alliant Engineering, Inc., an employee owned company, is a growing engineering, planning, landscape architecture, and surveying firm with a strong culture of quality, delivery, and innovation. Our employee owners are driven by a commitment to build better communities with excellence and passion. At Alliant we work hard; we have fun; and we love it.
Within our Minnesota and Florida offices, we blend collaboration with integrity and forward-thinking to develop design solutions that address current needs and future aspirations. Internally, we strive to provide a diverse and equitable culture of support and opportunities. Then, it extends outwardly by giving back to charitable organizations in our communities. Alliant Engineering seeks straightforward people who value smart solutions, intelligent discussion, and a collaborative approach to achieving great things. Always humbly confident, we believe in creating work that speaks for itself.
About the Role:
Our water resources group is looking for a Graduate Engineer to complement our growing team. We provide water resources design for our transportation and land development groups, as well as standalone water resources-based projects for several different types of clients. As a graduate engineer in our downtown Minneapolis office, you will work with a water resources team of professional engineers and technicians focused on helping you grow your skills while delivering high-quality design projects. You will be involved in all aspects of water resources design including storm sewer design, hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, and water quality analysis. Alliant’s water resources staff members are fully integrated into the overall design team for each project, giving you exposure to roadway and traffic design, environmental compliance, construction staging, and many other design disciplines. There is opportunity to grow in this position as far as your hard work and drive to succeed will take you.
- Hydrologic Analysis: modeling hydrology to determine peak flow rates, runoff volumes, and peak water levels for watersheds.
- Water Quality Analysis: selecting and sizing stormwater best management practices to improve water quality and meet permitting requirements.
- Urban and Rural Drainage Design: preparing permanent and temporary storm sewer and culvert design in partnership with roadway design team.
- Plan Production: utilizing Microstation/Geopak and Open Roads Designer or AutoCAD and Civil3D to draft and model designs and prepare plans.
- Cost Estimating: preparing quantities and researching historic unit prices to estimate construction costs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (or related engineering field)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- (desired) MicroStation or AutoCAD experience
- (desired) 2 to 4 years of water resources experience, preferably on transportation-based projects
- (desired) Basic working knowledge of ArcGIS or other GIS-based software
At Alliant, we take care of our employees by offering a world class benefit package including:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Generous Profit Sharing, Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP), and 401k Contribution programs
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability and Long-term disability
- Flexible spending accounts for Medical and Dependent Care
- Wellness Programs & Competitions
- Generous Annual Leave and Compensatory Time Off programs
- Flexible Schedules
- Casual work environment
- Paid Professional Development and Training
- Community Involvement/Charity Events
- Numerous Employee Focused Events (Lunch & Learns, Office Recreation Room, Quarterly Off-Site Socials, etc.)
The Alliant team is a group of enthusiastic, self-motivated professionals that live the mission of building better communities with excellence and passion. Come and be an employee-owner in an organization that offers an inclusive workplace culture that is uplifting and positive along with an outstanding salary and benefits package.
Job Type: Full-time