Since 1964, Conviron has been delivering controlled environment solutions to research facilities
around the world. With clients that include many of the world’s largest corporate and academic
research institutions, our products are relied on where precise environmental control is essential.
A Manufacturing Engineer at Conviron develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing
knowledge of product design, materials, parts, fabrication processes, production equipment capabilities,
assembly methods and quality control standards. They are responsible for providing estimates in regards
production times, staffing requirements, and related costs that will be crucial in management decisions.
RESPONSIBILITES & DUTIES
- Assist shop floor in resolving manufacturing and quality issues to products and processes by evaluating
manufacturing methods applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, testing, and
- Determine root causes of failures and recommend changes in designs, manufacturing, or processing
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality,
reliability, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness.
- Design and maintain production routings, assembly procedures and prepare shop floor packages.
- Assist in keeping calibrated equipment and tooling operational by supporting maintenance and repair
services while following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures.
- Participate in prototype stage of production process.
- Provide manufacturing technical expertise including review of product designs for manufacturability or
- Assist in preparation of documentation to train production personnel in new or existing methods.
- Other duties as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- In order to best suit our existing team, preference will be given to those with an Electrical Engineering
Technologist background or Electrical Engineering experience.
- However, all Manufacturing or Industrial Engineers and Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Technologists with 5 years of experience will be considered.
- Experience with ERP systems is required.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing and/or engineer-to-order environment would be an asset
- CNC programming experience would be an asset.
Conviron is an innovative and entrepreneurial organization built on the expertise of our people.
We are committed to attracting and retaining the best employees to ensure we meet our clients’
ever-changing needs. Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, benefits and reward programs,
within a dynamic work environment. Conviron recognizes that our continued success is
dependent upon the capabilities and self-motivation of our people, and therefore encourages and
supports employees’ continuous growth and development.
Permanent, full time position.
RATE OF PAY
The successful applicant will be remunerated based
on their skills and experience.
DATE OF POSTING
November 26th, 2019
Once suitable candidate is selected
Applicants should submit a resume for consideration to:
590 Berry St.
Winnipeg, MB, R3H 0R9
Attn. Human Resources
Include the title Manufacturing Engineer in your