Calumet Specialty Products partners, L.P. is a leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products. Our product lines include both naphthenic and paraffinic oils, aliphatic solvents, synthetic lubricants, asphalt, fuels, white mineral oils, waxes, petroleum and hydrocarbon gels. Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. has one of the most diverse specialty hydrocarbon capabilities in the world.
Want to learn more? Go to www.calumetspecialty.com to learn all about our amazing line of products.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Each intern will be given a well-defined, structured 8 – 10 week project by their supervisor
- Intern will work with and be mentored by an engineer in their group to complete assigned project
- Assignments are designed to assess intern capability for permanent hire
- Assignments are designed to provide intern with feeling of accomplishment and strengthen their understanding of engineering principles to help them in their senior engineering coursework
- Examples of projects include gathering and tracking key refinery operating variables; developing computer schematics from existing paper P&IDs; assessing an existing refinery equipment constraint, working with their mentor engineer, operators, and technicians to gather options / potential technical solutions
- Supervisors will ensure / provide offsite lunches and other appropriate social events for Calumet young engineers to interact informally with interns to ensure intern has a good experience socially as well as technically while at Calumet
- Intern will present findings to the Engineering Manager at the end of their internship
- Must be a current college student (Junior or
Senior) pursuing an Engineering Degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical
Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Civil Engineering
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.