Overview: SMG (Service Management Group) is looking for a Software Engineer! This individual will be responsible for using tools, languages, coding standards and best practices to develop new product features and maintain year over year product functionality and enhancements. You will create and execute unit tests and addresses defects, work closely with the BA, QA and other related teams to ensure consistent understanding of requirements and approach. In addition, you will assist in planning and implementation of a strategic direction for products.
SMG embraces our collective differences as human beings. We celebrate diversity and create an inclusive work environment in which all employees experience belonging, have their unique needs respected and met, have equal access to opportunities and resources, and feel fully engaged to contribute to the company’s success.
At SMG, we love to solve complex problems together. We learn fast, stay curious, and embrace a learning culture where hard work, creative thinking, and initiative are valued and rewarded. Our team members are passionate about creating innovative, client-centric technology together while operating with the highest levels of integrity, humility, and respect for others. We take our work seriously, have fun, and create valuable, high-quality tech as a team.
SMG inspires experiences that improve people’s lives. We are a catalyst for change, providing actionable customer, patient, and employee insights that boost loyalty and drive business outcomes. Our unique model puts a dual focus on platform technology and professional services—making it easier to collect, analyze, and share feedback and behavioral data across the enterprise.
- Designs, develops, and maintains standard software components
- Participates in technical design and code reviews for all new enhancements and maintenance work delivered
- Understands standard business and functional requirements and produces technical specifications and product requirements
- Enforces standard coding best practices in development with limited guidance from senior software engineers
- Maintains and improves current knowledge on the latest technologies relevant to the role regarding algorithms, language, design methodology, third-party development tools, application platforms, hardware compatibility and operating systems
- Creates, maintains, and executes unit tests
- Creates and maintains documentation of design approaches
- Creates and maintains documentation on internal architecture of the system
- Mentors and shares knowledge with the software engineering team on large and small-scale projects
- Assesses work required and provides formal estimates of effort to satisfy requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field required
- 1-3 years’ experience in software development and database operations
- Intermediate knowledge and experience with general coding languages required (preferred experience in C# or Java)
- Intermediate knowledge and experience with database applications such as SQL and Mongo DB
- Experience with full stack development
- Experience with application development based on Angular preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of operating systems
- Intermediate knowledge of enterprise design principles
The highest performing individuals in this job demonstrate these behaviors:
- Pursues Learning: Actively seeks opportunities to enhance technical and professional skills
- Communicates Effectively: leverages a broad range of communication styles to express a written or verbal message. Flexes communication style based on diverse audience needs
- Navigates Complexity: Works through intricate and sometimes conflicting information to make the best decision
- Fosters Collaboration: Works with others to strengthen relationships and achieve goals
- Mentors Others: Assists other teammates in developing specific skills and knowledge that enhances professional and personal growth
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations