We are offering an exciting opportunity for a motivated and collaborative problem solver to join our team of Engineers and BIM Modelers as a full-time Structural Engineer.
At Webb Structural Services, building relationships is paramount to building our business and delivering exceptional service to our clients. We are a dynamic structural engineering, consulting, and design firm in Reading, MA founded on the principal that any structural design is a fluid process, requiring a thorough and creative, team-based approach. Our firm’s mission is to provide our clients with cost effective and creative design solutions, impeccable design deliverables, and unparalleled customer service.
WSS takes a passionate approach to providing comprehensive engineering design services for a varied array of residential projects, multi-family developments, commercial projects, and historic renovations utilizing wood, steel, concrete, and masonry. We emphasize a hands-on, creative approach to structural design and problem solving. Our clients include a broad range of distinguished architectural firms, contractors, developers, and homeowners on projects in New England and New York.
In this Role you will:
- Coordinate with architects, contractors, and other clients to define project scope, perform structural analysis, and generate concise structural framing drawings in Revit and AutoCAD
- Manage the production of Construction Documents with our team of BIM Modelers and Engineers, and follow the project and client through Construction Services
- Manage multiple projects within project budget and deadlines
- Create 3D models and detailed engineering designs using the appropriate building codes and client-driven goals
- Perform site visits, analyze existing conditions, and consult with contractors to develop efficient solutions
What you will bring to the role:
- Minimum of a BS in Civil/Structural Engineering (ABET accredited)
- Licensed Professional Engineer (strongly preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant building design and analysis experience with wood, steel and concrete, including various foundation systems and field construction observation
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, Bluebeam, ENERCALC, RISA analysis software and MS Office products
- Excellent budgeting, time, and project management skills
- Thorough knowledge of current applicable building code regulations and materials
- Strong interpersonal, team building, and mentorship skills
- Outstanding and professional verbal and written communication skills
- A valid Driver’s License and ownership of a registered vehicle
We offer full-time employees competitive salaries commensurate with skillset and experience. Our benefit package includes base salary, annual bonus, medical insurance, HSA account, retirement plan with employer contributions, paid and holiday time off, flexible schedule, support for PE-required Continuing Education and more.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic we have supported a mix of remote and office employees. We are in the process of planning for a safe return to the workplace in alignment with government and CDC guidelines.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
We are taking all COVID-19 related precautions in our office space including cleaning, availability of hand sanitizer and wipes, work stations spaced 6+ feet apart, and single use bathrooms. We minimize public entry.
- relevant structural engineering: 5 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Do you own a registered vehicle?
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Work Location: One location