- POSITION SUMMARY: Secret Clearance Required
Looking for a rewarding and challenging career with a dynamic, growing organization? Vectrus is your answer. We have an immediate need for a Virtualization Engineer to support an important government customer in Wichita, KS.
Provide support for management of VMware ESX virtual infrastructures as required for specific platforms and enterprise applications. Administer the functions and capabilities of the virtual infrastructures and provide as applicable, but not limited to, wing level virtual infrastructures, application configurations, schema management, permissions management, and data structure management.
- MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES: Please list by order of priority and, if possible, provide the percentage of time spent on the activity all should equal 100%.
- Assist in activities involving deployment of new virtual infrastructures and the provisioning of virtual machines as required to ANG Enterprise locations.
- Assist ANG Enterprise Network primary Wing customers in the maintenance and use of deployed virtual infrastructures.
- Monitor virtual infrastructure capacity and performance. Advise service area managers when capacity and performance standard thresholds endanger continuity of designed operations.
- Administer and audit user access to managed systems. Ensure audit trails are periodically reviewed for all managed systems.
- Review server event logs daily for anomalies and security incidents. Take corrective actions to prevent future occurrences.
- Configure, manage and troubleshoot Virtual Machine (VM) applications.
- Configure, manage, troubleshoot, and perform backup and restoral procedures using CommVault Backup application.
- Provide support for management of VMware ESX virtual infrastructures and data storage solutions as required for specific platforms and enterprise applications.
- Understanding of Air Force and ANG network systems and processes.
- MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
- * Microsoft Windows Servers
Provide on-call remote support in a 24/7/365 Network Operations Center servicing more than 105,000 Guard members and civilians in more than 90 flying wings and 150 geographically separated units throughout the United States.
Mostly Monday-Friday, 8-9 hours per day, first and second shift, to include weekend work when needed.
Travel Requirement: 0-5%
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education/Certifications:
- * Minimum of 3 years work related professional IT experience commensurate with tasks outlined in this service area (preferred).
- Current Security+ CE or CISSP
- Current VMWare VCP 6.x minimum
- * Comprehensive knowledge of VMware 6.x environments (preferred).
- Knowledge maintaining Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016 (preferred).
- Knowledge and experience installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications (preferred).
- Be able to walk in and understand the virtual environment with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of vCenter and vSphere environments.
- Knowledge of IT governance and operations.
- Familiarity implementing DISA STIGs
- * Understanding of NIPRNET and SIPRNET enclaves, functions, and standards (preferred).
- Knowledge of computer system and network infrastructure operations (preferred).
- Understanding and application of Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) (preferred).
- Ability to determine how IT systems should function and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes (preferred).
- Ability to analyze workflow, establish priorities, and comply with standards to meet, operational deadlines (preferred).
- Ability to install, configure, & troubleshoot ESXi & vCenter issues (preferred).
- Ability to configure & troubleshoot standard & distributed vSwitches (preferred).
- Ability to configure & troubleshoot storage on an ESXi host (preferred).
- Ability to work with multiple vendor's Storage (SAN/NAS) hardware (preferred).
- Ability to install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot backup and restoral services utilizing CommVault Backup application (preferred).
- Ability to take direction and operate without direct supervision to complete tasks.
- Ability to review and troubleshoot network diagrams and customer requirements.
- Ability to monitor systems and understand status updates.
- Ability to work in and enter tickets in Remedy ticketing systems.
- Ability to deal with customers that may not be network savvy.
- Start a project and follow it through to completion with minimal guidance.
- Create and complete detailed documentation and be able to explain what was completed and how.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply