Position: Plumber Foreman
Type: Full Time Employee
Wage: Commensurate with experience
Location: Grunwald Mechanical Contractors and Engineers
8720 F St. Omaha, NE 68127
Since 1899, Grunwald Mechanical Contractors and Engineers has been providing quality service to the Omaha Metro.
We are looking for an experienced plumber to install, maintain and repair sanitation units, water and gas supply lines, heating systems, and associated fixtures and appliances in residential, commercial, and industrial structures. You will also be required to design and inspect plumbing systems, perform diagnostics, and ensure they comply with regulatory codes. This position will typically work from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm with a 1/2-hour lunch.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assemble, install, maintain, and pressure test all pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, drainage, sprinkler, and gas systems according to specifications and plumbing codes.
- Review blueprints and building codes and specifications to determine work details and procedures.
- Prepare written work cost estimates and negotiate contracts.
- Study building plans and inspect structures to assess material and equipment needs, to establish the sequence of pipe installations, and to plan installation around obstructions such as electrical wiring.
- Determine sources of plumbing malfunctions and complete repairs as indicated or according to work orders.
- Install and repair pipes, fittings, valves, fixtures, and plumbing system equipment, including sinks, commodes, water heaters, water softeners, etc.
- Repair dishwashers and kitchen equipment that incorporate gas or water consumption.
- Receive and complete work orders and/or service tickets.
- Select material and hardware and make time and materials estimates.
- Maintain accurate records on material and labor used.
- Maintain inventory of company-owned tools, equipment, and materials.
- Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean.
- Work with client owners to complete projects.
- Detect needed repairs on buildings and equipment following established inspection procedures.
- Respond to emergency calls as needed.
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment.
- Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Ensure that equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- Other duties could include working in other areas of the Service department to provide support during absences or shortage of staff in other areas or to perform duties associated with light construction projects.
- Requires flexibility and understanding that all service staff may be required to perform duties outside their normal area of expertise to meet the mission and goals of the Service Department.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
- Nebraska journeyman plumber license (Master’s License preferred)
- Valid Nebraska driver’s license
- Five years experience in plumbing field
- Knowledge of plumbing repairs, maintenance, and installation techniques.
- Knowledge of plumbing codes.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, and written reference material
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
- Continual walking, standing, climbing, stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, and heavy lifting and carrying.
- Work in tiring and uncomfortable positions, around gas lines, around fumes and toxic chemicals, outside and inside.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Frequent districtwide travel.
Equipment Used: Hand and power tools; pipe bender; propane torch; welding equipment; sewer rooter; heavy equipment, including forklift, trencher, backhoe. Light truck or van.
Grunwald Mechanical prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer – Affirmative Action. We maintain a Drug-Free Workplace. Candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen.
Grunwald Mechanical offers a very competitive benefit package including Health insurance, 401k, paid holidays, and PTO. Resumes can be mailed to our office at the address listed above or emailed through Indeed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35.00 - $45.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Plumbing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Nebraska Journeyman Plumber License (or Master's License) (Required)