The Lead Sales Engineer provides the development of technology solutions that help customers accelerate their business initiatives across multiple technology domains. The Lead Sales Engineer acts as a key member of the customer-facing team and is responsible for aligning CenturyLink services and capabilities with customer objectives, representing the CenturyLink service portfolio and value proposition to prospective customers, and contributing to the overall sales and business development strategy for supported markets. The Lead Sales Engineer will drive customer conversations to uncover, scope, and define customer business objectives addressable by CenturyLink capabilities while demonstrating ability to influence the sales process effectively and technically to overcome customer objections.
- Leads and Facilitates analysis of customers business needs in person or through collaboration tools to develop solution strategies based on knowledge of customer’s technology environment.
- Initiate and develop strong customer relationships and act as a customer advocate within CenturyLink to ensure the delivery of an exceptional customer experience
Prepare technical proposals and presentations for customers and provide limited scope responses to service and industry questions.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities:
- Actively participate in account, module, and market planning meetings. Develop solution strategies and recommend service options which align to customer objectives and deliver profitable revenue growth to CenturyLink.
- Develop responses to client issued Requests for Proposal/Information through design and thought leadership.
- Deliver both formal and informal presentations which effectively represent the industry positioning and capabilities of CenturyLink, and the business value and ROI of service offerings proposed to customers.
- Develop statement(s) of work, scoping and design documentation, solution summaries, operational support detail, and other technical documentation to outline delivery and lifecycle of services proposed to customers
- Participate in relevant market, industry, or technology organizations / associations, marketing events, and trade shows
- Provide basic service, capability, technology, and industry training to internal and external groups
- Demonstrated ability to lead customer collaboration, discovery, and whiteboard sessions to draw out technology solutions while establishing lasting relationships with customers. Effective communicator internally and externally.
- Broad understanding of IT concepts, architectures, and processes, with experience supporting networking, software, cloud, or security technology domains
- Must possess a deep understanding of business strategies, execution model and technology enablement within one or more related domains to drive engagement and though leadership with clients
- Understanding of how technology can be applied to address or accelerate customer business objectives. Proficient at both informal and formal presentations to large technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proficiency in CenturyLink service portfolio and capabilities and/or related technologies and experience from similar role
Minimum skills required to perform in this role.
Excellent written, presentation and speaking skills.
Effective communicator internally and externally.
Preferred Education, Skill and Experience:
Minimum of 7 years’ experience in technology engineering pre-sales or equivalent experience including consulting or professional services
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field or equivalent experience.
Minimum of one technology domain certification (CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, AWS Solutions Associate, CompTIA Network+, Security+, MCSA, etc.). Preferred advanced technology domain certification (CISSP, CCIE, AWS Solutions Architect, PMP, CISM)
Bachelors or Equivalent in Engineering General or Other
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.