Concord Hospitality is searching for an energetic and driven Director of Rooms, who has experience in leading teams toward success!
As the Director of Rooms, you will be responsible for delivering the best service, quality and value to every customer, every time. Excellent customer satisfaction will be the backbone and philosophy of the Housekeeping Department. As a leader, you will personally demonstrate a commitment to customer service by responding promptly to guest needs, committing to satisfying every guest and ensuring that your staff is trained to meet high standards and rewarding responsive guest assistance for your team.
- Manage department within budget. Accurately forecast expenses. Prepare annual departmental budget that accurately reflects the department’s operations plan. Analyze financial and operating information on an ongoing basis in order to adjust labor, supplies, materials, and other costs to achieve budget. Complete reports (i.e., forecasts, annual budgets, action plans, etc.).
- Manage people according to Concord values. Manage human resources functions including recruiting, selection, orientation, training, performance reviews, pay and recognition programs to maintain a skilled and motivated workforce. Maintain a positive, cooperative work environment between staff and management. Promote employee empowerment. Monitor payroll hours and reports. Demonstrate positive leadership, which inspires employees to meet and exceed standards. Conduct performance appraisals and provide accurate and timely feedback. Perform in the capacity of any person supervised to include cross-training.
- Ensure department staff is trained in control procedures as outlined by Internal Audit, and that these procedures are consistently followed. Emphasize training and development as a way of doing business in order to empower employees to successfully perform their jobs. Help to develop management talent by acting as a mentor for direct reports. Ensure employees fully understand performance standards, review process, and reward successes.
- Manage safety program to protect guests and employees; ensure OSHA requirements are met. Use ongoing safety plan to minimize workers’ compensation claims.
- Maintain physical product standards by routinely inspecting guest rooms, public areas, and laundry facilities to ensure proper working condition and departmental supplies are stocked at proper levels. Inspect rooms for VIP arrivals. Inspect linen rooms, public areas, and all office space to ensure company standards of housekeeping are being maintained. Follow through on guest complaints and requests regarding room services and ensure the appropriate follow-up with guests. Purchase all basic cleaning supplies, linen, equipment and month-end inventories. Maintain lost and found.
- Submit work orders to the maintenance department on a timely basis and follow-up to ensure completion. Justify requests for capital projects using ROI.
- Manage security procedures such as key control and lost and found. Assures property operation meets internal audit standards. Coordinate with General Manager and Chief Engineer in the repair and maintenance program as related to guest rooms and public areas. Maintain neat and organized work areas. Report all unsafe conditions immediately. Attends as well as schedules and conducts departmental meetings.
Concord provides competitive wages and we offer a comprehensive benefits package includes:
Medical/ dental/vision plan
Complimentary life insurance with options for enhancements, ST/LT disability offerings
401K plan with company match
Training, development and career advancement opportunities.
We thrive on reward and recognition and will provide you and your team ample opportunities to shine in the company as well as with the brand.
Working for Concord
Concord Hospitality invests in its associates by providing training and development at all levels, from interns to executive leaders. Our “Associate First” culture supports and inspires personal development both within the workplace and beyond. Concord’s associates are what our company is built upon, and we strive to recognize them for their hard work, dedication, and commitment to excellence. We value work life harmony, diversity, and our commitment to provide the best customer service and quality accommodations possible, in every market we exist.
Quality, Integrity, Community, Profitability and FUN!
If you are a proven leader, looking for a culture rich and award-winning company, and you are ready to lead an amazing brand in a great and thriving location…..we may be the perfect fit! Apply today!
$69,000 to $85,000