The Bulwark is seeking an experienced podcast editor/engineer to support the production of 13+ weekly podcast episodes. The ideal candidate is a fast and meticulous creative professional with an interest in politics.
The editor will collaborate with the podcast hosts and the full Bulwark team via Slack, Zoom, telephone, and email.
Who we are
The Bulwark (thebulwark.com) is a news network launched in 2018 dedicated to providing political analysis and commentary free from the constraints of partisan loyalties or tribal prejudices. It publishes political, policy, and cultural commentary and analysis from a variety of viewpoints in articles, newsletters, podcasts, and live events.
What we’re creating
The Bulwark currently produces 8 podcasts, typically releasing about 13 episodes per week. These podcasts are generally in an interview/conversation format, and are not scripted.
- Editing and mastering of audio for each podcast episode
- Maintain high quality standard across different podcasts
- Managing and supporting guests
- Recommending and supporting audio equipment used by hosts and guests (microphones, etc)
- Write episode descriptions and upload to the podcast service, CMS, YouTube, etc.
- Meeting deadlines required to release podcasts on a tight schedule
- Experience in audio editing (3+ years preferred)
- Prior experience with podcasts
- Experience with podcasts that have a video component is a plus
Based in Washington, D.C., currently operating remotely.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits, the ability to work on high-profile political issues, ownership over projects, teleworking (and a Metro-accessible, downtown-DC location when appropriate from a public health standpoint), a collaborative environment, and a key ability to have an impact on the political conversation.
Job Type: Freelance with option for full-time hire
Job Type: Contract
Pay: From $350.00 per day
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Remote