Basic Qualification: High School Diploma and 1-2 years mechanical maintenance experience preferred
Reports to: Mechanical Engineer
Work Environment: High Noise Level, High Heat (screw change/oven manifold) and Cold Temperatures (Chiller/Coils)
Personal Protective Equipment Required: Ear Plugs; Safety Glasses; Steel-toe Safety Shoes; Rubber and heat resistant gloves; also the use of padded gloves when working in tight areas.
Summary of Position: Mechanical maintenance of Dryers, Conveyers, Spinning and Winding equipment within an Industrial Mechanical/Maintenance equipment environment. Rotating 12-hour shifts, every other weekend off. This position requires switching between working day shift and night shift every 4 weeks.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understands the safety policies, rules, & regulations and works towards an accident free workplace for themselves and their co-workers
- Understands the mechanical adjustment of machinery.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment, strong support after hours and breakdown calls on weekends
- Be able to perform physically demanding tasks repetitively for extended periods of time (i.e. lifting up to 30 pounds, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, pulling, carrying up to 40 pounds)
- Ability to learn from supervisor and follow his instructions
- Basic math and English skills
- Good team work needed to work effectively in the Mechanical Maintenance Department
- The job involves working safely with high speed winders, hot godets, conveyors, and dryers.
- Essential knowledge in basic electrical connection, use of basic electrical meters.
- Good ability to learn and develop skills in mechanical / pneumatic troubleshooting, predictive & preventive maintenance & breakdown maintenance of spinning machines and related equipment under supervision
- Ability to troubleshoot on-the-floor problems.
- Assist in upgrades to mechanical equipment under the supervision of Engineer
- Ability to read/comprehend oral and written instructions
- Ability to work on computers to generate breakdown and maintenance work orders. Using our Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), you receive work orders, identify faulty equipment, and acquire parts and equipment to complete repairs
- Assist in inventory management of mechanical consumables and spare parts
- Keep records of major maintenance work carried out on equipment.
- Meeting deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Continual contact with co-workers
- Making independent decisions
- Housekeeping a must
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Excellent Health Care Including Drug Card
- Dental Care and Vision Care
- Bonus Based on Company Profitability and Associate Attendance
- Life Insurance
Applications accepted in person, at north guardhouse, Tuesday and Thursday
9:00 am-3:00 pm.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place