The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
If you are seeking a career that has tremendous impact beyond any one individual come and be a part of the Fleet Ballistic Missile program. We are helping the Navy’s mission to provide affordable and credible strategic deterrence. We offer unique career opportunities and challenges on a program with a rich history and exciting future. We help keep this nation and our allies secure.
As a member of the FBM team, your primary function and responsibility as the Project Engineer I will be the project management and execution of projects for the Common Missile Compartment program. You will need to work with minimal daily direction and be capable of successfully representing Lockheed Martin with government customers, associate contractors, and other partner organizations.
IN THIS ROLE:
- You will learn to run projects within cost, technical and schedule baselines in accordance with policies, Navy Program instructions, and industry standard methodologies.
- You will develop an understanding of and implement principles of Earned Value Management, Integrated Master Schedules, Logistics, and Risk Management.
- You learn to identify project risks and appropriate mitigation strategies with consideration for cost & schedule impact and drive execution of risk burn down plans.
- You will present appropriate reporting of your projects to Program Managers and Executive Leadership as required. This includes providing daily status reports for awareness and critical issues.
- You will work with a geographically diverse team both virtually and face to face. Expected CONUS travel time is approximately 25%.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent experience in lieu of a degree
- Experience leading and motivating a team or group of individuals in a project or project-like environment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET clearance; US Citizenship is required
- Excellent planning and scheduling skills.
- Experience with MS Office (ex: Power Point, Excel, etc)
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience with the FBM CMC program
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic Project Management principles
- Understanding of principles of Risk Management
- Experience with MS Project or other similar scheduling software
- Experience coordinating the development of LMS leadership briefings
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.