Horizon Scientific is a fast-growing manufacturer and distributor of medical and laboratory equipment with specific focus on Research and Clinical Life Science Labs within the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Hospital and University Markets. Horizon Scientific’s 100,000 sq.ft. facility includes sheet metal fabrication, an automated powder coat paint booth, environmental temperature testing rooms, temperature testing,mapping and data logging stations. Horizon Scientific has recently joined the Standex Team as part of the Standex Scientific Group. Standex is a diversified global manufacturing company operating in five segments which consist of our Food Service Equipment, Engraving, Engineering Technologies, Electronics, and Hydraulics divisions. Our market-leading manufacturing brands are recognized for quality and innovation.
The position is based out of the Standex Scientific Group’s (SSG), Rapid Response Center located outside of Charleston in Summerville, South Carolina. The Standex Scientific Group is a rapidly expanding division of Salem, NH based Standex International(NYSE: SXI). SSG has operations in Summerville, SC.
Horizon Scientific offers a variety of benefits, including:
- Competitive Salary and Benefit plans
- Healthcare Plan including health/dental/vision insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life Insurance
- Other Insurance Options: HSA, FSA, AD+D
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
The Electro-Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for supporting development of new systems, supporting existing designs, supporting operations, and working across all business functions to define and deliver innovative refrigeration systems. Experience with a proven track record in mechanical, mechatronics and thermal technologies will be essential to facilitate a “first to market” approach to develop and launch innovative products to be utilized in healthcare, university, pharmaceutical, bio-tech, government and industrial facilities. The Electro-Mechanical Engineer will work with Engineering Group, Sales and Product Management to establish a solid engineering function capable of rapid product development and innovation to realize best in class product and speed to market.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for supporting the update of existing designs and developing new systems based on identified market needs.
- Coordinate the SSG engineering activities and processes required to support new product development.
- Work cross-functionally to identify new technologies and provide innovative, patentable designs and facilitate IP capture.
- Work directly with sourcing and production leadership to determine build vs. source options and help coordinate activities with suppliers and technical contractors.
- Support full product life cycle through the product development and commercialization process including testing, documentation and manufacturing.
- Specify materials, process and details in all phases of development and manufacturing.
- Support completion of project documentation including: drawings, bill of materials, manuals, test specifications, change notices, etc.
- Support engineering project execution including internal and external teams. Plan and prioritize necessary R&D activities to ensure progress and accountability.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-3 years’ experience in related field required
- Must be proficient in MS Office
- Knowledge of ERP based systems recommended but not required
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills in order to communicate rapidly and effectively within the organization and to represent the company in a professional manner
- Must be willing and able to independently pursue assignments with maximum problem solving resolve and minimal supervision, but must also readily ask for direction and help when needed
- Ability to shift priorities as needed and work in a fast paced environment
- Must pass drug screen and background check
Horizon Scientific is committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace, and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers, and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at 843-821-8010 to request accommodation.
Job Type: Full-time
- Mechanical Engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Work Location: One location