- We are seeking a Fire Protection Engineer II to join our Madison, WI office.
- As a Fire Protection Engineer, you will have the opportunity to design fire protection systems for new construction and renovation projects.
- You will be responsible for design, specifications and drawing review of automatic sprinkler, carbon dioxide and clean agent suppression systems, and fire alarm system.
- Candidates must have a strong understanding of NFPA codes and standards along with applicable building and fire related codes.
- Assignments will include performing calculations, determining system sizing and layouts, selecting equipment, completing field surveys, and preparing and reviewing shop drawings internally and externally.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Aerospace, Architectural, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Fire Protection or Mechanical).
- Fundamental knowledge in fire suppression systems, fire alarm systems, clean agent systems.
- Proficient or ability to develop proficiency in use of CAD/BIM software.
- Proficient in computer operation for engineering calculation/selection software.
- Understanding of applicable design codes, design standards and specification requirements, and ability to interpret them.
- Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam (FE) or the ability to obtain the Professional Engineering license (PE) in one or more states
Job Type: Full-time
- Fire Alarm: 2 years (Required)
- Fire Sprinklers: 2 years (Required)