Demo Product Specialist
Demo Product Specialist
DEMO PRODUCT SPECIALIST
REPORTS TO: Logistics Manager
DIVISION: Engineering & Operations
The Demo Product Specialist is responsible for all areas of customer support and service to Rotochopper customers around the globe. The Demo Product Specialist is well versed and trained in the operation, diagnostics and repair of Rotochopper products. The Demo Product Specialist is knowledgeable in heavy equipment operation, troubleshooting hydraulic and mechanical systems, and has a working knowledge of diesel engines. The Demo Product Specialist will manage customer relationships through the demonstration process, as well as customer, potential customer, client and vendor training.
- Manage and maintain customer expectations through relationship building and open communication.
- Partner with sales to ensure a seamless demonstration of the product.
- Ensure customers communication is a top priority by being available, answering questions and building report.
- Provide customer support and education, working with users to identify needs, determine sources of problems, or to provide information on product use.
- Test electrical unites, analyze results to evaluate performance and determine need for adjustment.
- Read blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, or engineering instructions for assembling electronic units.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Operate and inspect equipment to diagnose defects.
- Research, order, and maintain parts inventory for services and repairs.
- Clean parts by spraying them with grease solvent or immersing them in tanks of solvent.
- Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment, as required.
- Schedule maintenance for industrial machines and equipment.
- Manage and maintain equipment service records, as well as document/report data on testing techniques or specifications to assist engineers.
- Identify and resolve equipment malfunctions, partnering with engineering, production and R&D as needed.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
- Maintain work area to be clean and safe.
- Troubleshoot issues and concerns, partnering with other departments and leadership as necessary.
- Other duties as deemed necessary by leadership.
ABILITIES (INCLUDING PHYSICAL)
- Ability to travel; 50% of each month.
- Ability to communicate openly and professionally within your team and department as well as with other departments as needed.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to identify and implement process and/or equipment improvement and communicate to partners.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to meet and maintain health and safety guidelines.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments, tasks and shift efforts and labor based on the needs of the customer, department and company.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole number, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use your hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Ability to lift heavy weights and climb ladders.
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot hydraulic, mechanical and electrical
- Ability to relate to and with a wide variety of situations and people in a professional manner.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- A drive to succeed, motivate, teach and train.
- Class A CDL
- DOT Health Card
- High School Diploma or Equivalent – Required.
- Technical training in hydraulics, mechanical and electrical – Preferred.
- 2+ years field service experience – Required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Field service: 2 years (Preferred)
Company's Facebook page: