To apply for a position, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technical Engineering Manager
The HRST technical engineer is responsible for development of engineering
standards, engineering information bulletins, and other technical documentation. Successful performance
in this role requires a solid understanding of engineering principles, strong analytic skills and good
technical writing ability, balanced with practical experience and a strong commitment to developing
better tools and processes.
- Write and revise engineering standards, engineering information bulletins, technical FAQs, and other
engineering documents under the direction of the Technical Engineering Manager.
- Perform engineering analysis projects including performance analysis, failure analysis, risk
assessment, and other similar studies.
- Perform on-site inspections of power plant HRSGs and boilers and provide customers with practical
recommendations which increase reliability and efficiency.
- Prepare Proposals to Clients based on their specific needs. Determine price, describe scope of
supply, write proposal, follow up with client, be prepared to answer client questions regarding
- Promote HRST products and services when appropriate.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity,
word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Technical proficiency in heat transfer and thermodynamics.
- Ability to travel up to 25-30% travel as an annual average, but may be as high as 50% during busy
- Excellent communication skills to interface with and understand the needs of our engineers and of
- Good report writing and presentation skills to summarize project results and recommendations.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation, Terrorist Watch List search, motor vehicle,
employment eligibility (I9) and drug screening test.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to rent a car.
- Master of Science degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering from an ABET accredited
College or University is required.
- Minimum 4 years power industry engineering experience required for Lead Technical Engineer
- Project management experience is desirable.