Sets up, programs and proves computer numeric control (CNC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
Competent in the programming languages of FANUC and MASTERCAM.
Competent in the computer aided design software of AutoCAD and Solid Works.
Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
Fits and assembles parts into complete assembly.
Installs machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
Develops specifications from general description and draws sketch of part or product to be fabricated.
Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Employees are required to wear face masks (Company provided) within the building, but may remove them at their workstation unless there is someone with 6 feet of them. Hand washing is encouraged
- CNC programming: 5 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Westerly, RI 02891 (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible