What are we: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FAW_Group
About This Position
FAW-US Motion Planning team is the team that brings all of the autonomy inputs together. The team is responsible for taking perception, prediction, and mapping inputs and combining them to generate a safe, yet comfortable ride. This role will involve work on high-level decision making. This includes route planning, reasoning about lane geometry, intersections, traffic light decision making, lane changes, merging, other actors on the road (such as vehicles, pedestrians, bicyclists, etc.) among other things. Work by this team also involves taking these decisions and producing trajectories for the vehicle to drive.
What You'll Do
- Design and develop algorithms throughout the Motion Planning stack, which could include things ranging from route planning, trajectory optimization, decision making, and even some ride comfort work.
- Test and debug algorithms and code being ran on the vehicle. Including:
- Work with other teams to ensure capabilities align with Motion Planning needs.
What We're Looking For
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong theoretical and applied skills in subsets of Motion Planning: Motion/trajectory planning and route planning applied to land, air, space, or water-based robots such as behavioral planning, shortest path, obstacle avoidance, A*, D*, lattice, and RRT to name a few
- Hands on experience with real platforms and with an intimate understanding of the challenges of working with complex systems and a quantitative/data driven approach to improve system performance * Experience building systems that must convey intent as well as making optimal decisions and/or interact with humans on a regular basis, preferred
- Strong software skills are required but we are language agnostic. A willingness to gain stronger software engineering knowledge and deep expertise in C++ and some python is required
- Strong presentation and communication skills
Direct hire with Insurance, 401K, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year
- software development: 2 years (Preferred)
- Path Planning or Motion Control: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19