- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other STEM field
- 4+ years of experience as a project engineer, process engineer, project manager, manufacturing engineer or related occupation
- Experience with MHE and packaging lines or process design based on Lean Manufacturing or Toyota Manufacturing System
- Experience with Microsoft Office products: Excel, Project and Outlook.
- Experience with CAD software (AutoCAD, REVIT, BIM 360, etc.)
Amazon created one of the most sophisticated supply chains in the world. From the introduction of Amazon Prime, to the use of advanced technology for package delivery, Amazon consistently drives change from the front of the pack.
Amazon is searching for an innovative and solutions-oriented Industrial Engineering Program Manager who is able to collaborate effectively with internal and external technical teams and be responsible for key aspects of our material handling and storage systems across multiple building types. The role primarily focuses on managing and directing change request progress through Amazon’s Change Management process.
In this role you will be responsible for collecting business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing programs through the engineering analysis-to-build cycle.
The person will possess a strong engineering and program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current MHE technologies and storage solutions. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an innovative environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in, and get the job done.
Come help us make history!
- You deeply understand the business and technical requirements of the engineering change request being evaluated in order to drive the right conclusions
- Identify and communicate opportunities for design improvements
- Evaluate solutions effectively and make decisions that balance business value and technology risk
- Help your customers and the engineering teams make appropriate trade-offs by considering the larger picture (e.g., business goals, throughput expectations, quality requirements, efficiency, maintainability, operability)
- Contribute to the MHE system firm engineering review process. Push for implementation of ideas and methods to improve overall system performance
- Identify standards and drive consistent application of engineering changes across North America
- Build strong working relationships with Fulfillment Center (FC) leadership and their operations teams across multiple sites including Industrial Engineering, Maintenance Engineering, and Process Engineering stakeholders
- Data mine and transform raw thoughts into clear technical documentation
- Travel up to 80% to interact with internal and external business and technical leaders
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Operations, Business Administration, or a related STEM field.
- Operations Management/FC experience
- Exposure to Six Sigma, Lean manufacturing efforts, transportation/logistics and/or fulfillment/distribution centers
- General knowledge of FC operations
- Directly managed and responsible for large automation project budgets
- 3+ years of experience with material handling elements such as high-speed sortation, multiple conveyor subsystems, package lines and/or robotic work cells
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.