ClientSolv Technologies is an IT solution firm with over a decade of experience serving Fortune 1000 companies, public sector and small to medium sized companies. ClientSolv Technologies is a woman-owned and operated company that is certified as a WMBE, 8a firm by the Federal government's Small Business Administration.
Start Date: asap
Duration: 6+ months Contract to hire
City, State & Zip Code: Englewood ,CO
Interview: Phone , Skype /Face to Face Interview
We are seeking a AWS Cloud Infrastructure Engineer who will be part of our cutting edge tech development team in DTC Denver,CO .
The AWS Cloud Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for AWS solutions development, architectural design, and overarching IT operations and maintenance activities of a secure AWS infrastructure encompassing multiple accounts and external interfaces running primarily on Centos Linux and Microsoft Windows. The ideal candidate should have professional experience operating multi-account AWS environments, interacting effectively with customers and development teams, gathering and analyzing requirements for the design of new systems and infrastructure which satisfy business requirements. Must have the ability to see big picture requirements and distill them into concrete tasks and execute independently in a timely fashion.
TOP SKILLS (Technical):
- Need someone ACTIVELY working in cloud environment
- Working in 10+ active accounts in an cloud environment. Able to provision and create standards for 10+ Cloud based accounts.
- Ideal candidate comes from Google, Azure, Amazon. Enterprise companies that have enabled everything in the Cloud.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Provide comprehensive systems administration functions on Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure to include support of AWS products such as: AWS Console root user administration, Key Management, EC2 Compute, S3 Storage, Relational Database Service (RDS), AWS Networking & Content delivery (VPC, Route 53, ELB, etc.) Identity & Access Management, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Cloud Formation, Auto Scaling, Cost and Usage Reports, and more
- Assist with the design and development of a multi-account, multi-region, highly available and highly automated AWS environment to support full software development life cycle and production of mission-critical applications
- Administer, operate, and maintain Amazon Web Server EC2 instances
- Complete recurring system and security updates to mitigate risk and improve overall infrastructure information security
- Maintain a highly available production infrastructure
- Provide application support for product customers
- Create new AWS cloud compute instances, storage, and other cloud services
- Analyze EC2 instance and S3 storage performance and resize to meet performance requirements and to control costs
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement enhancements to the current architectural and AWS services
- Monitor infrastructure and pro-actively mitigate potential incidents before service degradation occurs
- Proactively mitigate business service disruptions with designed redundancy, backups, and highly available solutions
- Reactively troubleshoot outages, perform root cause analysis, and execute continual service improvements
- Develop and adhere to technical standards, specifications, and best practices
- Understand and contribute to the creation of system support documents, operational procedures, and build scripts/Cloud Formation templates
- Provides day-to-day operations and on-call escalation support for all AWS client, server, storage, and network services
- Work with Development teams to install, test, and implement against business requirements
- Create and maintain automation scripts to increase system efficiency and lower administrative level of effort
- Complete ongoing performance tuning and system optimization to better meet business needs
- Lead and participate in technical discussions to aid system design, analysis, and troubleshooting
- Attend and host meetings and provide support in the form of targeted agendas, meeting notes, communications, and follow-up delivery
- Maintain relevant and current professional knowledge via in-house training, online resources, attendance at professional events, and personal investment in continued education and certifications
- Monitor industry trends for changes, risks, releases, and advancements in cloud services and technologies
- Develop and maintain working relationships and collaborate with various vendors/other stakeholders
- Analyze and review existing processes and procedures to determine areas of possible improvement that will lead to gains in efficiency and security
- Other duties, as assigned
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed and meet the amount of education, training and/or work experience required.
- B.S. / B.A. degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of relevant professional system engineering or administration experience, with significant exposure to a variety of technologies and domains
- 3-5 years working with AWS, deep understanding of AWS concepts, and fluency with the AWS APIs/command line tools.
- Experience implementing and maintaining cloud-bases systems and application in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- 5+ years of advanced working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience automating server configurations to include standard build installations and system security hardening
- Python scripting experience is required
- Experience with core network services to include: DHCP, DNS, VLAN, load balancing, etc.
- Experience writing standard operating procedures, system requirements, and other technical documents
- Experience collaborating with cross functional teams to achieve a shared project goal
- Experience centrally monitoring systems for alerts and incident management functions; preferable with Amazon CloudWatch
- Scripting language experience (Python, NodeJs, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of automation tools such as (Puppet, Jenkins, and Chef)
- Working knowledge of software-defined lifecycles, product packaging, and deployments
- Working knowledge of RDS database such as PostgresSQL, Oracle, and MySQL
- AWS Certification(s) – One or more of the following: Security Specialty, Solutions Architect, SysOps Administrator or DevOps Engineer Associate or Professional
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge and experience with project and portfolio management tools, preferably Service Now, Microsoft Project, and/or Jira
- Excellent verbal and writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels
- Excellent time-management and prioritization skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong planning and task management skills
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- AWS: 1 year (Preferred)
- EC2: 1 year (Preferred)
- Automation tools such as (Puppet, Jenkins, and Chef): 5 years (Preferred)
- AWS API Gateway: 1 year (Preferred)
- Azure: 1 year (Preferred)
- Centos Linux: 1 year (Preferred)
- relevant: 10 years (Required)
- S3 Storage: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Windows: 1 year (Preferred)
- Scripting (Python, NodeJs): 1 year (Preferred)
- Cloud Infrastructure: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity: