Michelin, the Worldwide leader in Tires, is hiring!
Michelin is searching for an Industrial Engineer with strong experience in a manufacturing environment. As the Industrial Engineer , you will lead and manage the continuous improvement in productivity and cost reduction projects in areas that range from specific work posts to corporate systems.
- Utilizes Industrial Engineer techniques and Lean concepts with the intent of improving process flows, reducing operational expenses, and improving productivity
- Analyze and challenge existing procedures in areas of responsibility throughout the facilities, making recommendations, and working with the operational management to integrate solutions
- Provides guidance and support to operational management by identifying progress opportunities, supporting the Michelin Manufacturing Way, and helping to manage the annual plan and progress plan.
- Develops, Implements and Improves manufacturing processes, tools, equipment and work activities, to meet and exceed the company's safety, quality, delivery, and cost objectives
- Additional responsibilities include facility manpower planning, productivity planning, machine capacity analysis, process effectiveness analysis, project management, expansion needs analysis, material flow analysis, developing and maintaining engineered time standards, value stream mapping, process flow and line balancing
Moving Forward Together:
- BS in Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent technical major
- Minimum of three to five years of industrial or manufacturing related engineering experience. Equivalent internship, Co-op or project experience is acceptable.
- Demonstrated leadership experience: military (Junior Military Officer (JMO)) a plus
- Project management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to set and achieve goals with minimum supervision. Demonstrated solid teamwork, interpersonal and planning skills
Dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin designs, manufactures and sells tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm equipment, heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles.
Michelin also offers a full range of innovative services and solutions that help make mobility safer, more efficient and more environmentally friendly. To create unique mobility experiences, Michelin publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases.
Headquartered in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America employs more than 20,000 people and operates 19 major manufacturing plants in the U.S. and Canada.
Michelin is recognized as an employer of choice by the people who work here. They stay at Michelin because they have careers with a purpose at a company with a purpose. In fact, more than 97 percent of Michelin employees say they choose to move forward together with our company each year.
Michelin’s status as a great place to work has been validated by the leading authorities on workplace culture:
Forbes annual survey of “America’s Best Large Employers,” No. 1 Overall
Certified as a Great Workplace by Great Place to Work® Institute.
" 2018 Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation" by Women in Trucking Association
Thomson Reuters, No. 2 in the top 100 most diverse and inclusive organizations globally
AARP, one of the “Best Employers for Workers Over 50”
Michelin takes an advanced approach to career development, ensuring that you will come for a job but stay for a career. More than 75 percent of our managers are promoted from within, and we offer multiple career development paths to challenge employees to grow and realize their purpose across the span of their individual careers.
Apply now and start your own mobility journey with Michelin today.
Motivated by our Purpose - We Care about Giving People a Better Way Forward - Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
Family health care centers and fitness facilities at several company locations
Fitness membership reimbursement through a network of nationwide facilities
529 college savings plan
A 401(k) match
Free tires based upon years of service
An Employee Assistance Program
A relocation assistance program
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities, women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at email@example.com
This position is not available for immigration sponsorship