KLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research and development. KLA focuses more than average on innovation and in 2019 we invested 15% of sales back into R&D. Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world’s leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow’s electronic devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us.
The Global Service Support Organization (GSS) team headquartered in Milpitas, CA is our service organization that consists of Service Sales and Marketing, Spares Supply Chain management, Field Operations, Engineering, Product Training, and Technical Support. The GSS organization partners with our field teams and customers in all business sectors to maintain the high performance and productivity of our products through a flexible portfolio of services. Our comprehensive services include: proactive management of tools to identify and improve performance; expertise in optics, image processing and motion control with worldwide service engineers, 24/7 technical support teams and knowledge management systems; and an extensive parts network to ensure worldwide availability of parts.
- Perform installation of semiconductor capital equipment at customer sites locally and worldwide while ensuring the systems meet specified performance specifications.
- Activities during installation includes but not limited to setup, alignment, calibration, troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing of highly complex capital equipment.
- Understand and troubleshoot problems in software and electronics, optics, mechanical, electro-mechanical and electro-optical systems related to the assigned system.
- Must successfully complete required and ongoing technical training to acquire a thorough knowledge of company equipment; including installation procedures and the application of diagnostic techniques and practical application of service aids.
- Prepare field service reports and daily passdowns on Installation progress and non-conformances.
- Contribute to post-activity Quality feedback initiative and improvement.
- Execute documented procedures, exercises judgment within defined procedures and recommend changes to existing process and procedures when needed.
- Represent the company to the customer and assumes accountability for customer satisfaction with all installation/upgrade-associated activities.
- Obtain all necessary domestic and international travel documents and manage their personal lives to be ready to travel overseas for extended period
- Manage personal finances to prevent disruption to scheduled activities - even when traveling for extended periods.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Preferably with 3 years or more of experience working with capital equipment for the semiconductor industry.
- Knowledgeable in electronics, optics, mechanical, electro-mechanical and electro-optical systems
- Competent with the MS Office suite of applications and have knowledge of computer theory, various operating system software knowledge and networking in a Windows, Unix or Novell environment.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills are required.
- Ability to work in local or remote locations with domestic and international travel.
- Fresh graduate with the right attitude will also be considered.
We offer a competitive, family friendly total rewards package. We design our programs to reflect our commitment to an inclusive environment, while ensuring we provide benefits that meet the diverse needs of our employees.
KLA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.