We are currently seeking a CNC Department Manager to join a very well respected, world class steel manufacturer that has enjoyed many years of success and stability.
The CNC Department Manager will have extensive CNC machining experience. This position will be responsible for leading a team of machinists in the technical and quality aspects of the machining department.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of a team of machinists including production scheduling, monitoring work flow, efficiency tracking, solving production issues, and ensure and maintain quality level of all parts produced in the department.
- Oversee process of production to help maintain production cost at a minimum.
- Work with CNC programmer to analyze drawings and solid models to determine dimensions and configuration of cuts, selection of cutting tools, machine speeds and feed rates according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), customer specifications, and machine capabilities.
- Participate in the manufacturing of new products, learn, and assist employees in finding the best way to complete both new and existing products, in compliance with company policies and standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and on-time delivery to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Implement and maintain LEAN and Continuous Improvement Policies.
- Coach, motivate, and train CNC and manual machinists.
- Help troubleshoot production and equipment issues.
- Evaluate Performance of department personnel.
- Ensure that safe work practices are followed, including proper use of Personnel Protective Equipment.
- Experience in a CNC machining environment preferably with both mills and lathes.
- Understanding of 3 and 5-axis milling and mill/turn lathes.
- Have previous knowledge of machine design including cutting tool design, feeds, and speeds.
- Ability to program, setup, operate, and troubleshooting of CNC machines.
- Ability to delegate, set expectations, and monitor progress of all direct reports.
- Solid understanding of how to safely handle mechanical and CNC equipment, tools, and machinery is required.
- Mathematical skills and knowledge required to calculate angles and measurements using trigonometry.
- Ability to remain calm and composed in urgent situations.
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on mentoring and motivation employees.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- English verbal and written communication skills.
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Working a busy environment with frequent interruptions.
- Interaction with employees, management, and suppliers.
- Work well in a team environment
- Flexible hours may be required.
- 2+ years’ experience leading and managing a CNC machine shop
- 5+ years machining/programming experience, operating manual and/or CNC equipment
We thank all who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing: 5 years (Required)
- Managing: 2 years (Preferred)