The Project (PROJ) I is responsible for planning, designing and directing projects locally and/or remotely on local or team level. The PROJ I position requires the ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, design plans and governmental regulations as well as the ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. These abilities must also translate into the effective and consistent presentation of information and response to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, regulators and the general public. The PROJ I position typically has a balanced exposure internally (employees) and externally (clients/regulators), but can be weighted toward field work, office work or management.
o Must be proficient in algebra, geometry and have suitable experience in calculus, differential equations, and linear algebra.
o Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
o Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
o Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must have the ability to operate a computer and a minimum of the following software: Microsoft Office Suite (including extended business subscription programs), Web Browser, CRM and FMS.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must be able and willing to frequently lift and/or move 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Prepare and monitor budgets for assigned projects; has direct responsibility for the profitability of assigned projects.
o Responsible for monitoring and managing work-in-process, accurate and timely client billings, outstanding accounts receivable and collection efforts on assigned projects.
- Responsible for project and team schedules, and timely completion of assigned projects.
o Prepare and monitor forecast of workload for any assigned staff.
- Prepare or direct preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, studies and/or designs for project.
- Develop, analyze and provide peer review on reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests and/or aerial photographs for quality assurance and to plan and/or design projects.
- May use computer assisted engineering, technical and/or design software and equipment to prepare simple to complex engineering, analysis and design documents
- Supervise and monitor client relationship strategies; is the primary client contact for assigned clients.
- Develop and review pricing, estimating, scoping and marketing strategies for assigned projects.
- In coordination with the direct supervisor and possibly TS Directo
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate engineering or science with minimum four years of experience post-graduation or Master’s degree in appropriate engineering or science with minimum three years of experience post-graduation
- Professional/Occupational licensure required
- Must have a valid driver's license