MMR is accepting resumes for a Report Writer. A Report Writer develops and maintains reports generated in SQL Reporting Services and Crystal Reports and provides ad hoc extracts as needed by the business units. Reporting is a major function of IT and we support a variety of applications, both off the shelf and developed in-house. Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving abilities are required for this position, along with thorough knowledge of relational database theory and practice. A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or a related field, plus several years of experience working with major relational database platforms, such as Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle is desired. In addition, excellent communication skills and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with data systems teams are required. SQL Server Integration Services experience is a plus.
Typical duties include:
- Analyzing complex data systems and documenting data elements, data flow, relationships and dependencies
- Developing automated and reusable routines for extracting requested information from database systems
- Compiling detailed reports using data reporting tools such as Crystal Reports, SSRS and SQL Server Management Studio, and making recommendations based on their findings
- Working in partnership with business analysts, data architects and database developers to build data transactional and warehousing systems
MMR has served as the industry leader in instrumentation and electrical construction, maintenance and technical services for more than 50 years and is the largest privately-owned open shop electrical and instrumentation contractor in the United States.
MMR offers a competitive benefits package.
MMR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Oracle: 3 years (Required)
- Microsoft SQL Server: 3 years (Required)
- SQL Server Integration Services: 2 years (Preferred)