Performs difficult professional engineering work in supervising and participating in the design, installation, operation and maintenance of mechanical equipment and systems, and/or in the review and analysis of plans and specifications for mechanical engineering features and compliance with code requirements; and performs other related duties as required.
Additional Job Information:
At time of application you must be a citizen, national, or permanent resident alien of the United States or a non-citizen eligible under federal law for unrestricted employment.
**$6,859 per month (SR-26) salary includes $1,486 shortage differential**
***Subject to funding availability***
1) Only ONLINE applications will be accepted.
2) Paper applications will NOT be accepted.
There is one (1) vacancy with the Mechanical/Electrical Division, Department of Design and Construction. List may be used to fill vacancies in this and/or other departments.
Some notifications will be sent via e-mail. You are responsible for monitoring instructions and correspondence from this office by checking your email account in a timely manner. To ensure proper delivery, please make sure you:
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- use a valid e-mail account;
- verify your e-mail address is entered correctly on your GovernmentJobs account;
- are subscribed to e-mail notices;
- check your spam folders; and
- add email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: Equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in an engineering specialty.
You must submit evidence of your education within 7 days of filing this application. Please attach an electronic copy of your diploma and/or official transcript which shows the embossed seal to your application; or mail a photocopy of your diploma and/or official transcript to the following address: Department of Human Resources, 650 South King Street, 10th Floor, Honolulu, HI 96813. Copies will not be returned. Unofficial transcripts will not be accepted.
One year of registered professional Mechanical Engineering experience.
1. Current State of Hawaii registration as a professional engineer in Mechanical Engineering.
2. Applicants with an out-of-state license in Mechanical Engineering must obtain their Hawaii license prior to appointment.
You must submit a copy of your professional license (Hawaii or out-of-state) within 7 days of filing this application. Please attach an electronic copy of your professional Mechanical Engineer license to your application; or mail a photocopy of your license to the following address: Department of Human Resources, 650 South King Street, 10th Floor, Honolulu, HI 96813. Copies will not be returned.
3. Valid Hawaii State driver's license (Type 3) prior to appointment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE EVALUATION: In addition to meeting the above minimum qualification, your application will be further evaluated. Your score will be based on the quality, quantity and/or recency of your education and experience.
Education and Experience Evaluation . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 100%