As a member of the regional sales leadership team, prioritize and manage architectural promotion to maximize profitable growth for the assigned geographic market.
POSITION DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Member of the regional leadership team; responsible for achieving the financial goals of the organization at the regional level.
Project Support (in conjunction with Applications Engineers)
- Review schematic architectural drawings and specifications to lead product selection, design, and applications engineering efforts in early project stages.
- Develop specifications and design details for architects, reps and customers, in support of promotion, bidding, and/or ABW submission packages.
- Create finite element thermal models or calculations, and preliminary structural and acoustical analysis, complying with company and industry guidelines, as well as state, and federal codes and regulations
- Provide value engineering leadership to the Wausau sales team.
- Provide design-assist services and execute phased hand-offs to the Wausau engineering department.
Strategic Business Development
- Develop and utilize internal and external resources to communicate current product and services offerings to fully capitalize on and leverage competitive advantage in the market.
- Assess competitive and market situations and help develop short-term and long-term regional growth strategies.
- Work closely with the regional sales leadership team, field sales reps, engineering and R&D teams to identify gaps in product offering and promotion. Provide input to develop and prioritize company marketing and product development plans.
- Develop and present AIA/CES or other continuing education courses to architects, customers or other audiences.
- Responsible for initiating, developing and maintaining Wausau's company relationships with key architects, specifiers, and consultants.
- Provide product/technical training to all business acquisition associates. Develop tools to facilitate effective promotion.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned and required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree in engineering, architecture or related field preferred; plus minimum 5 years of relevant experience
SKILL and KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- High proficiency in AutoCAD
- Understanding of ERP software functionality
- Understanding of construction, architectural and engineering terminology
- 3-D visualization
- Ability to prioritize multiple activities and meet established milestones and deadlines
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal, written and graphical communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Team and consensus building
- Ability to prepare professional presentations; public speaking skills
This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in an office setting. The noise levels in the work environment are usually moderate. Occasionally may be required to be on the production floor, jobsite, or a multi-level mockup where the noise level may be loud.
Travel requirement is up to 30%, often on short notice.
Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.