Senior EMC Engineer
F2 Labs is seeking a Senior EMC Engineer to join our EMC testing team in Middlefield, OH!
Responsibilities: SeniorEMC Project Engineers’ responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing EMC testing of products in the laboratory and at client premises, in accordance with applicable standards and test plans, and performing other tests as assigned.
- Taking responsibility for complex projects, requiring the engineer to:
- Read and determine the applicability of international and national standards clauses for the EUT (equipment under test).
- Validate the project scope and the applicability to the EUT.
- Review established test plan for accuracy as well as co-write a test plan as needed.
- Set up and operate EUT; perform and document simple modifications as needed.
- Providing consulting services to clients with EMC testing and design needs.
- Train and mentor less senior technical staff.
- Researching updates to testing standards and communicating the changes to other staff.
- Communicating project status and test results to client, sales personnel, and management throughout testing and providing on-going support to clients as needed.
- Within policy guidelines, identifying, properly documenting, and recommending engineering judgments.
- Working closely with Management on continuous improvement of EMC operations.
- Performing other work as required.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor of Engineering or higher in Electronic Engineering, (or a similar subject), w/ minimum of 1-4 years EMC testing experience or an Associate Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with minimum of 2 years EMC testing experience.
- Two or more years engineering experience.
- Strong communications skills and the ability to work with customers and as a team.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with common applications (Word, Excel, etc.).
- A valid driver’s license.
- Some experience with/interest in RF would be beneficial.
- Ability to travel to client sites as needed.
Location: Middlefield, OH
Compensation: Negotiable depending on level of experience
Additional Benefits of Working at F2 Labs:
- Opportunity for advancement.
- Health insurance (F2 Labs pays 50% of premium and 50% of deductible).
- Option to purchase dental insurance (F2 Labs pays 50% of premium).
- 10-15 paid holidays per year.
- 10 days of vacation per year (accrued; rolls over year to year, capped at 20 days)
- 5 sick/personal days per year.
- 401K plan is available after 1 year.
- Possibility of participation in profit-sharing plan.
- Option to purchase supplemental short/long term disability.
- Option to purchase supplemental life insurance and legal shield insurance.
About F2 Labs: F2 Labs is a full service accredited regulatory testing laboratory with more than 25 years of experience performing EMC and Safety evaluations on an extensive range of products. Our facilities are ISO/IEC 17025 accredited by the American Association of Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA), who is an ILAC signatory. Our reports are accepted worldwide by certification organizations including various Notified Bodies, OSHA accredited NRTLs, and more.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
New HVAC systems with UV light sanitizers have been installed in all facilities.
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place