Power/mation is a nationally recognized distributor specializing in advanced automation hardware and software products. We help our customers improve their manufacturing processes by assisting them in the application of unique automation solutions in the following technology areas: motion control, robotics, pneumatics, logic control, software, sensors, vision, safety, power transmission, panel components and services.
Power/mation began in 1961 and has locations within Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska and the Dakotas. For more information, please visit our web site at www.powermation.com.
Power/mation is seeking a full-time Controls Engineer for our St. Paul office. This individual manages engineering, fabrication, and assembly services and solutions that assist in the sale of Power/mation's hardware and software products, including:
* Turn-key automated solutions
* Programming of various Control Devices, Motion and Drives
* Start-up assistance for installation and commissioning of Turn-Key Solutions
* Control Panel assembly
* Assemblies and modifications of components
- Select and manage third party partners required to complete projects
- Design standard engineered product concepts
- Travel to job sites for installation and service calls
- Provide technical sales assistance and sales support
- Minimum 10 years engineering experience with motion control, PLCs and motor control design, programming and implementation.
- CAD experience with AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical, Promis*e or equivalent electrical controls/schematic generating software.
- Experience and ability to manage a wide variety of automation projects.
- Effective technical writing skills.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
Medical, dental and vision plans, life insurance, short term and long term disability, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, 401k with company match feature, discretionary profit sharing plan, educational assistance, paid time off, paid holidays including birthday and service anniversary.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location