STC has been recognized as a market leading company in the material area since its start in 1898. Our commitment to materials development and continuous improvement set us apart from most of our competition.
STC has complete in-house capabilities to assist with design, engineer, tool and manufacture of technical ceramics to customer requirements. Superior Technical Ceramics invests in state-of-the-art equipment and in highly skilled, knowledgeable employees to produce the industry's best components. Using ISO 9001, AS9100, 5S and lean practices and policies, STC achieves the control and quality necessary to compete, cost effectively, worldwide.
STC is a privately owned company with over 150 employees. Our multiple buildings currently encompass approximately 135,000 square feet of manufacturing space. Superior Technical Ceramics is the perfect size American company to provide fully integrate technical solutions in ceramic manufacturing, without losing sight of customer service and satisfaction.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for managing a manufacturing department or production line, including directing the activities of workers, monitoring departmental headcount, and ensuring product meets quality and on-time delivery requirements. Leads and encourages a collaborative team environment dedicated to meeting departmental goals and objectives.
1. Direct the work of department employees and leaders to meet quality and on-time delivery requirements; address production challenges and communicate to appropriate individuals.
2. Partner with production planning to determine department workflow and schedule; forecast human capital and overtime requirements based on expected business.
3. Resolve employee personal and performance issues in conjunction with management and Human Resources, to ensure effective employee relations.
4. Provide consistent and timely feedback, coaching and mentoring to employees on development, performance, and conduct
5. Monitor, review and approve employee time records in a consistent and timely manner. Analyzes actual throughput vs. expected, notifies Production Control manager of discrepancies, and identifies and appropriately addresses obstacles, such as training needs, in meeting production goals.
6. Train and coach employees on department work instructions, processes, procedures, policies, and safety standards, while emulating the same behavior.
7. Coach and mentor team leads on leadership skills such as communication, results, accountability, etc.
8. Partners with others to drive improvement projects/initiatives, ensuring continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility.
9. Troubleshoots technical problems, calibrates equipment, and coordinates with the Maintenance Department the monitoring of maintenance schedules for preventive maintenance.
10. Determines MRO supply needs to keep their area running smoothly and efficiently
11. Partners with leaders, manufacturing engineers, and human resources for skills knowledge development of all employees for assigned department.
12. Assisting with process Engineering and designing work holding/fixtures for jobs.
13. Control and minimize labor overtime.
14. Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to, researching outside fixtures, equipment, tooling, packaging, and supplies to recommend process improvements.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
1. 3-5 years of production experience, preferably in a manager or supervisor role
2. Technical Degree in manufacturing/production or equivalent work experience
3. Strong, clear, and effective written and verbal communication skills.
4. Familiarity with the operation of production equipment
5. Strong organization skills and the ability to work under pressure
Work is generally performed on the shop floor, which can be noisy and dusty, as well as hot during the summer. Proper safety equipment is provided by STC where necessary.
Work involves prolonged periods of standing and walking. The Production Supervisor may be required to bend and/or squat to properly inspect or run equipment. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and push hand carts loaded with up to 500 lbs.
Benefit Conditions: Waiting period may apply
- Health Benefits: All new employees are eligible for health benefits on 1st of the month following their hire date and get to select from 2 plans, PPO and HSA. Employees can qualify for a 50% wellness discount off premiums. (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Employer paid life insurance
- 2 weeks Combined Time Off (prorated for mid-late year start) 9 Company Holidays and your birthday, all paid!
- 401K: STC automatically invests 3% into your 401K and employees can invest additionally with employer match up to 1.5%
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saint Albans, VT 05478: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- production: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location