Who are we?
A strong, trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers around the globe. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals with excellent capabilities and character. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) has an exciting opportunity for a mid-level IT professional, to join their Boston, MA or Stevens Point, WI team as a Cyber Security Engineer. In this newly created role, that offers an opportunity for significant growth potential, the Cyber Security Engineer will take an active role in the execution of our IT Security solutions and integrations, while collaborating closely with both internal and external partners.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Works closely with our external Managed Security Solution providers to aggregate security data.
- Engage in assessing and mitigating vulnerabilities and determining root cause of security incidents.
- Assist with establishing security standards and best practices for the enterprise.
- Evaluate systems, network, and data to determine necessary security protocols and measures.
- Analyzes system outages, alerts, and reports of abnormal system behavior due to suspected security-related events.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of a departmental security solutions, security-awareness training programs, and related materials.
- Work with our global infrastructure team to analyze security threats and recommend technical infrastructure changes to reduce risk.
Have 4-8 years’ experience working in a Cyber Security Engineering and/or Infrastructure Engineering function with proven competence in Cisco & Microsoft Networking Solutions as well as several of the critical IT Security topics listed below:
- Experience in Server, Workstation and Application Security Management (Application Security and Management).
- Experience in Network Security Management (Network Security).
- Experience with Identity and Access Management (IAM, PIM, PAM)
- Proficiency with Security Incident Response Management (Analysis, Detection, Response).
- Proficiency with IT Risk Assessment Management and Mitigation.
- Strong understanding of Policy and Compliance Management.
- Experience managing Security Awareness Training programs.
- CISSP and/or CCIE Security a plus.
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities with a growing global organization
- A liberating, fast-paced culture, centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our business
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity, encourages innovation, and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR UNIQUE CULTURE AND HISTORY
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization