Gonzalez-De La Garza & Associates, LLC (GD) is a Texas-based civil engineering consulting and surveying services firm with offices in San Antonio, TX; Austin, TX; El Paso, TX; McAllen, TX; and Oklahoma City, OK, providing civil design, survey, and construction phase services to the private and public sectors since 2006.
GD offers a full array of employee benefits to include medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO, holiday pay, etc.
Successful candidate will provide engineering design services for preparation of plans for public infrastructure projects to include street design as well as water and sanitary sewer design and will assist with the preparation of deliverables. The successful candidate will also review the work of others on the team.
Candidate’s expected duties will include but not be limited to the following:
· Design of water distribution/transmission mains and sanitary sewer collection mains,
· Municipal roadway design for City and County projects to include roadway plans and cross-sections, traffic control plans, signage and striping, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP),
· Basic hydrology and hydraulic design,
· Preparation of plans for storm sewer pipes and channels, and
· Preparation of construction cost estimates.
It is also desirable for the candidate to be familiar with the City of San Antonio (COSA) and the San Antonio Water System (SAWS) Construction Specifications along with the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) regulations as well as with the preparation of Water Pollution Abatement Plans (WPAP).
- Bachelor of Science in civil engineering or similar (required).
- Professional Engineering P.E. license in the State of Texas or the ability to obtain a Texas P.E. license (desired).
- Minimum 7 years of progressive experience in civil engineering design including: water and sanitary sewer pipelines, roadway design for City and County projects, civil site design, and drainage.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation GEO-PAK (required).
- Successful candidate will be expected to prepare deliverables utilizing CAD software.
- Familiarity with local county and municipal design requirements and permitting.
- Familiarity with the following is a plus!
- Hydrologic & Hydraulic (H&H) modeling software such as: HEC-HMS, HEC-GeoRAS, TR-55, HEC-RAS, Flow Master, Culvert Master, Storm CAD, Infoworks, and XP-SWMM.
- TxDOT design requirements
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently while maintaining strong attention to detail with limited supervision.
- Ability to focus on the details of a project while understanding the big picture from the project team perspective.
- Ability to work within a team to coordinate assignments.
- Technical writing abilities applied to reports and proposals.
- Willingness to mentor junior staff.
- Efficiently utilize time in executing assigned tasks accurately, on schedule, and within budget.
- Effectively interact with clients, vendors, and staff at all levels.
- Excellent communication, organization, and customer service are essential.
GD is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, creed, belief, or political affiliation.
Job Type: Full-time