The Chief Planning Engineer will develop practical long term mine plans to Hecla’s growth strategy and business case at the Lucky Friday. In addition, the Chief Planning Engineer will directly supervise the Mine Planning staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Develop practical long-term mine plans, budgets and schedules.
- Complete mine design options for accessing economic reserves.
- Identify and analyze resource growth opportunities.
- Review and evaluate practical and conceptual mine plans which allow for orderly development and exploitation of economically mineable ore reserves, resources, and inventory.
- Integrate geology, engineering and operations planning into a cohesive process.
- Track mining actuals and costs vs budget.
- Integrate long term infrastructure construction and maintenance projects into mine plan.
- Evaluate the benefits of available technology in optimizing conceptual plans.
- Conduct studies on projects and prepare reports that satisfy the established criteria for Scoping and Prefeasibility Studies.
- Provide technical support to operations in achieving the mine plan.
- Provide information and guidance as to potential areas of concern in regard to the short-term plan.
- Provide oversight to engineering staff for ground control and plans, ventilation system management plans and maps, and drill and blast design.
- Perform mining, stockpile, and block model reconciliation.
- Assist with end of year reserve reporting.
- Provide support for underground dewater system design, power distribution design, and construction projects.
- Work independently and as a member of team effectively.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, outside contractors and vendors, and employees in a courteous and professional manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mining Engineering or a related engineering field required.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the mining industry required, hard rock mining preferred.
- Experience working in a mining operation with a range of exposure to a broad spectrum of practical and technical areas required.
- Experience with mine planning software required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $64,523.00 - $147,121.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Proof of COVID vaccination required upon employment.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mullan, ID 83846: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: One location