A Star Electric Company provides high voltage electrical equipment and services to the electric power industry. Our customers include:
- Electric utilities
- Large commercial and industrial facilities
We are seeking a professional, innovative and detailed individual for our Sales Engineer position. If you are looking for an opportunity to work within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals, then this position is for you!
Sales Engineer (for portions of Wisconsin and the U.P. of Michigan)
Sales Engineer Responsibilities:
- Responsible for achieving personal and territory sales goals.
- Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects and clients of the various products, services, and systems the company offers.
- Provides prospect/customer with complete solutions including price quotations.
- Develops a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, direct mail, email, and networking.
- Assists in the implementation of company sales and marketing plans as needed.
- Maintains contact with all clients to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Provides inbound market information on customer requests, trends, competitor activities and pricing.
- Receives and resolves customer complaints and problems in a timely manner.
- Understands and supports sales policies and procedures to provide proper and effective treatment to all customers.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, follow-up activities supporting a 12-month product order forecast updated on a quarterly basis.
- Participates and contributes to the development of educational programs offered to clients and prospects.
- Proactively establishes and maintains effective working team relationships with all support departments.
- Continuously identifies, measures, follows, and improves marketing, sales, and engineering quality processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Sales Engineer Qualifications:
- Experience in technical sales and/or marketing
- Excellent technical training skills
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to A Star Electric Co.
- Negative drug test result(s)
Sales Engineer Preferred Qualifications:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Experience using microprocessor based protective relays, SCADA and Ethernet devices.
Sales Engineer Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Commission