Since the dawn of the space age, Northrop Grumman has put innovative products and ideas into orbit, on the Moon, and beyond - from systems engineering, spacecraft manufacturing, precision sensors, space instrument design, ground stations development, and revolutionary launch vehicles. Help shape the future of Space exploration as an integral part of the Lunar Missions at Northrop Grumman. Join an organization working to put the first woman and the next man on the moon in 2024 and develop the next steps toward human space missions to Mars through our human habitat in cislunar space. At Northrop Grumman, we are launching careers into orbit.
The Space Systems Sector, Tactical Space Systems Group is seeking an entry to mid-level Mechanical/Thermal Analysis Engineer to assist an experienced team of mechanical engineers to perform mechanical and structural analysis on one or more spacecraft systems or subsystems.
Responsibilities may include the following:
- Performing thermal analysis, design, or test of one or more moderately complex or portions of complex materials, structural components, and functional systems of company products.
- Analyzing requirements for materials, structural component, or functional systems.
- Selecting applicable analytical data from previous products and determine the technical principles involved.
- Mathematically defining problems and compute the engineering characteristics consistent with the specifications, design needs and requirements of other portions of the products.
- Releasing results as "technical documents" after review by the senior members of the team.
- Developing innovative solutions and elaborating on design concepts.
- Evaluating completed designs with supervisor and other technical groups, and making modifications necessary to achieve the most ideal design.
- Developing, coordinating, and conducting test programs required to evaluate design work.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
This position May be filled at level 2 or 3 depending on the experience and skills of the candidate.
Mechanical/Thermal Engineer 2:
Bachelor's degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineer, Math or related area (Mechanical Engineering or Degrees with a focus in Thermal Analysis highly preferred) and 2+ years of experience or Master's Degree and 0+ years
Principal Mechanical/Thermal Engineer 3:
Bachelor's degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineer, Math or related area (Mechanical Engineering or Degrees with a focus in Thermal Analysis highly preferred) and 5+ years of experience or Master's Degree and 3+ years
- Must be a US Citizen and hold a current or active Top Secret clearance, and have the ability to obtain SCI level access.
- Ability to perform structural engineering tasks associated with analysis, design, and/or testing of structures.
- Experience with at least one of the following Thermal Analysis tools such as Thermal Desktop, SINDA or equivalent spacecraft thermal analysis tools.
- Experience with spacecraft dynamics testing
- Experience utilizing MATLAB
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.