Responsible for placing safety as #1 priority in day to day work routine for self and others. Provides support services for the company’s NERC cyber or operating physical assets to ensure compliance with NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) reliability standards. Performs engineering and documentation for compliance tasks, and assignments in support and development of the Company’s NERC compliance efforts.
Level II applies a broad range of skills and techniques to complete work. Requires some direction and takes lead on smaller projects and activities.
Level III leads and manages larger projects and activities. Works independently and requires little direction.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science for CIP focus.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with at least 2 years of utility industry experience or equivalent education and experience.
Same as Level II except at least 5 years of utility or equivalent industry experience.
Key Skills & Competencies
- Detail-oriented with good analytical, interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Capable of managing multiple priorities.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office suite of applications and SharePoint.
- Good knowledge of communication protocols and networks, firewalls, databases and various operating systems.
- Three years of utility experience including previous experience with NERC CIP programs and activities.
- Required to maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must submit to periodic background checks due to the need for unescorted access to security sensitive business locations and/or systems.
- Subject to on-call requirements on a rotating Basis.
- Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, no sponsorships considered.
Apply online at jobs.mdu.com