SENIOR MARINE ENGINEER
Job Title: Sr. Marine Engineer/Outfitting Manager
Reports To: Program Manager and Chief Engineer
Location: Holland, Michigan
Travel Required: Occasionally
Supervisory Position: No
Synexxus Composites is building a high speed composite patrol craft in Holland Michigan and needs an experienced Marine Engineer to manage the outfitting of the vessel. The candidate needs to be familiar with all aspects of the boatbuilding process with specific experience managing the design, procurement, and installation of the operational systems of a craft, including machinery, engines, HVAC, tanks, electronics and propulsion systems.
Marine Engineer Responsibilities:
- Supervising all aspects of vessel outfitting process, including structural, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Working with the boat yard to insure the smooth installation of all mission equipment and accommodation systems
- Facilitating and managing subcontractor deliverables to ensure quality and timely installation.
- Participating in the development of processes and procedures related to design and production activities for hull outfitting systems
- Performing quality control inspections and tests on all systems and equipment and installing upgrades, as needed.
- Assisting with change management associated with hull outfitting systems
- Ensuring adherence to safety precautions and project timelines.
- Training and supervising engineering teams including designers, mechanics, and construction staff.
- Performing maintenance on marine vehicles and equipment.
- Investigating and diagnosing technical issues and implementing effective solutions.
- Developing and fostering client and subcontractor relationships
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Bachelor's degree in marine engineering or similar field.
- Relevant USCG engineer license.
- Professional engineer (PE) certification preferred.
- A minimum of six years' experience as a marine engineer or similar.
- Experience with engineering design software such as AutoCAD, Rhino 3D, and SOLIDWORKS preferred
- Familiarity with maritime HM&E systems and naval construction processes.
- Experience with a variety of engineering processes including mechanical, electrical.
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Physically fit and able to work in strenuous circumstances and harsh weather conditions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Holland, MI 49424: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Marine Outfitting: 5 years (Required)
- Autocad, Rhino, SOLIDWorks: 1 year (Required)
Willingness to travel: