Working in a highly-secure environment, our Game Development department is fast-paced, team-oriented and offers valuable mentoring opportunities with the brightest leaders in the business. Work with a variety of clients on a wide range of diverse short-term projects and build your skill set through algorithm development, random number generators, statistical data analysis, internal auditing and game generation.
This role offers a unique technical opportunity to work within a talented software project team. As a member of our Game Generation Department, the successful candidate will be responsible for creating software programs to generate random data for scratch tickets and for the development of complex applications for the production of high security lottery products.
- Develop and test game applications/scripts to program lottery ticket games that meet customer and game specification requirements and delivery deadlines
- Analyze data generated by software to ensure accurate randomization of data to meet all security requirements
- Ensure all new software development has its own architecture while fitting into the departments overall software architecture
- Ensure programs and Game Gen support applications remain in an operational state; maintain base codes and process bug fixes
- Create technical game documentation
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in application development preferably within Unix environments
- Working knowledge of C and C++
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both with a project team and independently
- Ability to use logic and an analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability to perform work with high levels of concentration and attention to detail
- Demonstrated organizational and priority management skills
- Ability to interpret and write technical documentation
- A strong background in mathematics and statistics is preferred
- Experience in software development amongst a deadline-oriented manufacturing environment would be considered an asset
- Experience with object oriented programming, rational database design and programming in an agile environment would be an asset
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining fit and salary expectations along with a résumé to:
Pollard Banknote Limited
140 Otter Street Winnipeg, MB R3T 0M8
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent