Electrical Engineer I-II
Mission: Design and maintain unmanned aircraft avionics, power systems and wireless communications systems.
Roles and Responsibilities: An unmanned aircraft system depends on the reliable operation of multiple interconnected electrical systems. Those systems are comprised of off the shelf components, custom power and digital electronics, wire harnesses and wireless communication links. The successful candidate will be the primary engineer responsible for aircraft and ground station electrical systems.
- Evaluate electrical products and systems by designing testing methods
- Design power systems using COTS parts and custom designs
- Design and maintaining wire harnesses and documentation
- Evaluate wire routing and devise plans to mitigate electrical noise
- Minimize the weight of electrical systems
- Test finished products and system capabilities
- Assist with aircraft flight test operations
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Strong understanding of fundamental EE principles
- Experience developing and building custom circuit board designs
- Strong problem solving, technical, math and science skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to work in a small, fast-moving team
About: Event 38 designs and builds small unmanned aircraft for surveying, inspection and surveillance. Event 38 specializes in long endurance electric aircraft that collect extremely high resolution data from low altitude. Founded in 2012, Event 38 is based in Akron, Ohio and serves customers around the world.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- Digital Electronics Design & Test: 1 year (Preferred)
- Electrical Engineering: 1 year (Preferred)