Operates power plant to supply steam and hot water and maintains required water temperature on hot water systems. Maintains a suitable and safe climatic environment. Performs preventive or corrective maintenance on equipment.
Mixed Schedule: 6am to 2:30pm Sun-Tues; 7am to 3:30pm Wed & Thurs. Days off Friday & Saturday
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Diagnoses, repairs, and installs using blueprints, codes, specifications, and other industry standards.
- Keeps accurate operational logs of equipment in multiple buildings.
- Makes necessary water tests on converters and chillers.
- Makes rounds of machinery rooms, cooling towers, boiler rooms and rooftops to perform visual inspections of equipment and verify its operation.
- Performs maintenance on power plant equipment and machinery. Assists in testing and repair of fire and safety equipment.
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on all HVAC equipment and other related machinery.
- Performs some building maintenance and electrical work as necessary.
- Prepares boilers and related equipment for inspection and maintains water treatment by performing daily tests of all circulating open and closed loop systems and adding chemicals to achieve designated department standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years related experience
- Stationary Engineer Grade 1 license
- Verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $38.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Positions at this location require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status.
Work Location: One location