Are you an experienced Product Engineer looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to advance your skills and your career in a great working environment?
If you are a natural problem solver and facilitator of change passionate about staying competent with new technologies and industry's best practices, we have the perfect job for you!
Pentagon is a manufacturer of made-to-order rolling security shutters and other related products. We are looking for an experienced Product Engineer to join our team an take on full responsibility for our product development and improvements, while working with production team to implement and improve processes. You will have a unique opportunity to drive meaningful change in the family-run business environment and join our awesome team in keeping Pentagon’s product offering at the forefront of our industry.
- Acts as technical consultant and expert on all aspects of our products.
- Responsible for design and project management for new product development
- Routinely uses design engineering tools and CAD resources to develop and document designs.
- Reviewing of designs, drawings, requisitions that are required for custom door projects
- Work with IT team to implement changes in dynamic BOM-building software as new product changes are released.
- Develop industrial processes for the manufacturing of new products or product improvements
- Work with Production Manager to implement new processes on the factory floor
- Create and manage process documentation and operating instructions
- Work with production team to support new manufacturing technology platforms in operations
- Provide technical support for production and assembly processes in machinery CNC, cutting, drilling, and manual assembly.
- Manage the process of training new members of production team and ongoing training to maintain uniform processes.
Requirements and qualifications
- Experience in manufacturing or engineering environments
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks / projects in different phases
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through written documentation and verbal means
- Experienced user of office applications including MS Word, MS Outlook, and MS Excel or the equivalent
- Ability to effectively partner with team member and customers to resolve product issues
- Works with minimal direction, comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Hands on experience with engineering software packages
- Problem solver
- Great analytical skills
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)