SME is seeking a Staff Engineer with pavement/storm water-related project experience for a regular, full-time position with our Pavement Services group in our Kirtland, Ohio (Cleveland area) office.
Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Assisting with pavement design and rehabilitation, recycled pavement design, storm water system design and maintenance projects;
- Assisting with geotechnical/civil services for industrial/commercial site development;
- Field Work Includes: Pavement evaluations; Storm water system evaluations; Sample location layout; Pavement/soil sampling; and Construction monitoring/inspection.
- Lab work including visual pavement classification, visual soil classification, and assistance with recycled pavement mix designs;
Requirements for this position include:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or related field from an ABET accredited program/school;
- Excellent communication, report writing and customer relations skills;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new challenges and learn new concepts;
- A willingness to work hard in an efficient and organized manner;
- A clean driving record and experience driving in the U.S.;
- The ability to lift 50+ pounds, stand for long periods of time, work from heights and tight spaces, and work in inclement weather;
- Willingness to travel to cover out-of-town overnight projects; and
- Ability to work overtime, including weekends, on an as needed basis.
SME offers excellent opportunities for professional development, growth, leadership, and ownership in a flexible, fast-paced working environment. Our robust benefits package for regular, full-time team members includes: Medical/Prescription coverage with no premiums required; dental/optical, life, disability and long-term care insurance coverage; matching 401(k); Profit Sharing; tuition reimbursement (up to $5000 per calendar year); and generous bonus and paid time off programs. SME is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected veteran/military status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. SME is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
For immediate consideration, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement