NorWest Youth Hub Community Programmer
(0.5 EFT, approx. 18 month term starting immediately;
anticipated end date September 2022)
The overall objective of the NorWest Youth Hub Community Programmer is to develop, implement, and evaluate programming for youth accessing services at the NorWest Youth Hub. The position will work with both internal and external partners, and will work to establish new partnerships. This position will also work with the Youth Advisory Committee and hold responsibility for community outreach, promotion, and social media.
Hours for this position are as follows: Monday-Friday (weekday) afternoon-evenings; as well as Saturdays. Applicants must be available for the hours during which the NorWest Youth Hub is open, specific to the EFT posted.
- Post-secondary degree in a related field of study required.
- Experience working with youth with mental health concerns, vulnerable youth, newcomer youth, and Indigenous youth.
- Experience working in community development and community outreach.
- Knowledge of community resources and community development principles & practices.
- Experience working in a youth integrated services setting an asset.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Empathetic, non-judgmental approach.
- Ability to work well within an interdisciplinary team in a variety of settings.
- Knowledge and experience with diverse cultures and economic backgrounds.
Salary range: $21.522-$24.950. Benefits as per CUPE.
Closing date: March 2, 2021
Please submit application in confidence to:
Kendra Monk, NorWest Youth Hub Coordinator
NorWest Co-op Community Health
785 Keewatin Street Winnipeg, MB R2X 3B9
We thank you for your interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contract length: 18 months
Part-time hours: 18 per week
Application deadline: 2021-03-02
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $21.52-$24.95 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place