POSITION SUMMARY: This position develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls; coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products. Continuous Improvement of all value-add processes is key.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with planning and engineering concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient manufacturability/production methods.
- Works with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Must have strong machining, metal forming, welding, painting and assembly experience.
- Experience with capital equipment selection and justification.
- Experience with Visual Management, Day by Hour charts, setting up Kanban replenishment and Cell/Value Stream layout is expected.
- Responsibility for preventative maintenance of equipment and buildings.
- Experience with overhead cranes and forklifts desired.
- Experience working as a team with Engineering, Operations, Sales & Marketing and Finance.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment in a low volume high mix business.
- Development of standard work instructions and line balancing.
- Fixture, work holding, tool and gauge design and manufacture.
- CNC programming and set up a plus.
- DFMEA experience.
Tronair is an EEO/AA employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 4 years (Preferred)
- Manufacturing Engineering: 4 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement