DC Engineering is currently seeking an experienced Controls System Programmer for our Missoula, MT or Meridian, ID offices. The person filling this role will work with a team to develop and deploy the visualization platform for retail supermarkets control systems. This role would include producing the User Interface for new and remodeled stores as well as helping develop new features and function sets within the visualization software (Ignition). This role will interface with a dynamic team of Engineers, System Integrators and Programmers for successful delivery of projects.
Key requirements include solid knowledge of control systems and the associated systems being controlled including refrigeration systems and HVAC. This position will be responsible for programming User Interfaces and Data Storage and Analytics at an advanced level, and understand how the physical systems being controlled should function.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and deploy HMI and SCDADA systems including programming local HMI touchscreens, as well as overall site SCADA systems for local and remote monitoring.
- Become proficient in utilizing industry standard software packages for data analytics and reporting.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the controls department.
- Work as a team with drafters, designers, engineers, and systems integrators to develop and implement projects successfully.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients.
- Deliver successful integration projects within the budget and schedule bounds of the project
- Respond to critical client downtime situations in a timely manner
- Mentor and train others as needed
- Mitigate problems (perceived or real) when they arise
Key Skills & Experience Required:
- Complex project experience – lead programmer, completing a project independently
- Experience with refrigeration and HVAC system preferred
- Ignition Certification preferred
- Engineering or Computer Science Degree preferred
DC Engineering is a team of dynamic engineers and designers rich in experience and professionalism. With offices across the country, we serve companies throughout the United States. From high-tech, industrial, retail, hospitality, commercial, water/wastewater, and utility markets, we are providing innovative solutions involving sustainable design, alternative energy, refining new technologies while keeping abreast of current best practices for project needs. We are committed to providing an environment that encourages professional growth, and we foster an environment of mutual professional respect, hard work, creative problem solving, and a sense of teamwork and collaboration.
DC Engineering Benefits:
DC Engineering offers a competitive compensation and benefit package that includes:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Company-paid Health Reimbursement Account
- Company-paid Term Life Insurance Policy
- Company-paid Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company contributions
- Leave benefits including Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
Please submit cover letter & resume for consideration.
DC Engineering is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
DC Engineering is an E-Verify Company
\*DC Engineering offers a competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. Pay will be based upon applicable experience and skill set.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Lead Programmer: 2 years (Preferred)
- Python programming: 2 years (Preferred)
- Ignition Certification (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: Multiple Locations