True Digital Surgery is a World Leader in Computer-Guided Microsurgery. We combine 3D visualization and guidance software applications focused on improving accuracy, efficiency and outcomes for surgeons and patients. Our medical imaging and guidance system employs advanced real-time 3D graphics capabilities and proprietary software that is sold to surgeons and hospitals all over the world.
Principal Sustaining Engineer:
Plans and designs new & improved engineering processes for the current product line. Analyzes assembly, workflow, outsource/insource/2nd-source, fabrication, and design to maximizes efficiency in production. Determines the parts, equipment, tools, and processes needed in order to achieve business and product goals. Conducts time and cost analysis of processes and implements continuous improvements programs.
Project goals are generally communicated in terms of "end states," leaving latitude for the Engineer to find creative solutions. Provides a leadership role for the production team through knowledge in the candidate's area of specialization. Works on advanced, complex technical projects or business issues which will require state of the art technical or industry knowledge. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Prioritizes, plans, and executes on goals for continuous product improvement across all technical, sales, and business requirements.
· Owns technical solutions for all strategic goals that intersect engineering and operations (ie root cause solutions to achieve first pass yield goals.)
· Owns technical solutions esclated to Engnieering from technical support.
· Owns analysis, corporate alignment, and execution on insourcing / outsourcing / 2nd sourcing; and make / buy decisions.
· Achieves technical solutions to ensure multiple sources on all key design elements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Typically requires a minimum of 12 years of related HW/SW/System/Optical experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 5 years experience; or equivalent experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook or equivalent.
The following knowledge is also required:
· Expertise in medical imaging and scientific imaging technologies
· Experience with optical concepts, optical design and camera technology
· Experience with measurement automation
· Working knowledge of Scrum or other Agile development methodologies
· Broad knowledge of engineering concepts (EE, ME, SW, data analysis, modeling)
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment
To respond to this opportunity, please apply through Indeed and be sure to include your resume.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- H/W, S/W, Optical Engineering: 8 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail