General Scope of Responsibilities:
To provide technical expertise and support as part of the Corporate Engineering team
· Designs various control systems for production and test equipment.
· Programs PLC (Siemens, Allan-Bradley), variable speed drive (ABB), servo etc.
· Programs human machine interface (Wonderware intouch, Indusoft).
· Perform the Industrial electrical design as per the industry standard.
· Troubleshoots existing equipment issues.
· Supervise the electrical installation and execute the commissioning of various control systems.
· Serves as consultant to other team members of the Site, i.e., in advising on material selection, or solutions to product quality problems, or in training others in some new aspect of technology.
· Participates as a member of task forces or teams assembled to coordinate the tackling of serious problems.
· Work with documentation / engineering change control processes
· Identify technology improvements that will align with future business goals and requirements
· Keeps abreast of developments in engineering technology and practice, especially as it relates to his/her field of expertise.
· Operates and performs in a safe manner at all times
· Other duties as required
Preferable Position Requirements:
Education/Experience: Bachelor of electrical or automation engineering. Qualified for Professional Engineer License. 10 to 15 years work experience in the field of specialization related to the industry.
BSC in Electrical Engineering
Manufacturing design experience required
Technical strength coupled with practical systems and equipment knowledge
Must have strong PLC and HMI programming skills
Knowledge of industrial AC drive and motor. Knowledge of ABB drive is an asset.
Knowledge of industrial networking. Knowledge of Profibus, ProfiNet and device net is an asset.
Knowledge of Industrial electrical design (low voltage).
Ability to communicate with vendors, customers, trades personnel and senior management.
Ability to travel in USA, Europe and in Asia.
Attention to detail with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Results-focused, team player with the ability to work well independently.
Versed in current statutory regulations, industry standards and recommended practices and a practical sense in
applying such references (ie: safety, environmental, quality).
Demonstrated commitment to safety, quality and continuous improvement.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
- Wellness program
COVID-19 safety hygiene and precautions are fully implemented
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)