- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Currently enrolled in an accredited University/College pursuing a Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or related technical field
Are you passionate about building, owning and operating satellite and space processing systems? Are you ready to help build a new AWS service that will have a historic impact? If so, Amazon Web Services (AWS) has an exciting opportunity for you.
Come join a growing team of builders and innovators that think outside the box. A team that thinks big and gets process out of the way of development. That leverages AWS technologies to their fullest to grow a new ecosystem in the cloud. That’s committed to low operational burden by designing for it. That puts work-life balance, personal and professional growth as a principle, not a goal.
AWS, the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world, needs software development experts who want to be part of a big, audacious space project! We are seeking a Software Development Engineer to build and maintain highly available, massively scalable, real time satellite data processing systems! This team will have the opportunity to work on highly visible projects that directly impact both Amazon teams and Amazon customers around the world as we build space processing services and features used by thousands of commercial and government customers each week.
We're looking for a Software Development Engineer Intern. This role will be located in Denver, CO.
Software Development Engineers Interns obtain and utilize a depth and breadth of knowledge in design and development, experience with agile methodologies, proficiency in a high-level language, and experience building highly scalable systems involving distributed services and persistent storage. You will own the design of major deliverable and have opportunities to build them from scratch. This is a high visibility and fast-paced environment where you will make a direct impact on the customer experience and the bottom line of the company.
This role requires the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/ SCI Clearance with a Polygraph, U.S. Citizenship required.
- Design and architecture knowledge as well as familiarity with object oriented analysis and design patterns (OOA/OOD)
- CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development from scratch
- Understanding of performance tradeoffs, load balancing and operational issues
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Working in building large-scale, high-performance systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.