This is a position for an experienced individual with at least 3 years of experience in a dynamic manufacturing environment. The Value Engineer is responsible for analyzing products from beginning to completion to help reduce overall cost in materials and production. The position is required to identify and lead process improvements. The ability to multi-task and reprioritize is critical. This is a highly visible Engineering role, which requires daily interaction with other departments within our manufacturing organization including sales, manufacturing production, and warehouse.
- Responsible for analyzing our top selling products from beginning to completion; in order to value engineer the products and reduce overall cost.
- Identify, develop, lead, and implement process improvements, lean manufacturing concepts on the manufacturing floor in order to reducing cost, driving increased efficiencies and productivity.
- Evaluate machinery, equipment, tooling and automation to increase efficiencies and lower overall cost of manufacturing.
- Responsibilities will also include working with our manufacturing and supply chain team to test and approve alternate materials identified for cost savings.
- Focus on productivity improvements by working with internal team and suppliers to minimize waste, reduce material costs and maximize quality.
- Knowledge of metal fabrication and welding.
- Automation experience a big plus. Laser, robotic welding, CNC equipment, etc.
- Degree in Mechanical, Industrial or related Engineering discipline, with 3-5 years of practical experience with value based engineering, cost reduction, design optimization and process improvement
- Strong statistical and analytical skills
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing, establishing and maintaining 5-S, Kanban, material flow analysis, value stream mapping and other lean tools in a manufacturing/sourcing setting
- Technical knowledge of steel, aluminum, and stainless steel with "hands on" approach to project completion
- Strong project management skills, initiative and follow-up
- Excellent communication skills with a wide range of people from customers to shop floor to upper management
- Good presentation skills and professional skills
- Results orientated and task driven
- Organization and Planning - Able to organize and schedule tasks with effective time management
- Team Building- Able to work with people and build group commitments to goals.
- Working Knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft software
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place